Accepted Insurance Plans
At South Texas Health System Clinics, we accept most major insurance plans. Please bring your insurance card to every appointment and office visit so we can verify your coverage. We require up-to-date and accurate insurance information to file your claim.
It is your responsibility to understand your insurance benefits and coverage prior to making an appointment. Please direct all questions related to coverage, referral information, restrictions in coverage, deductibles and copays to your insurance company.
The following is a list of accepted insurance plans at the South Texas Health System Clinics. This list is subject to change. Call your insurance company to confirm the care you receive at the South Texas Health System Clinics falls under your coverage.
- Aetna – HMO; PPO; Medicare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – HMO Blue; PPO; POS; Exchange PPO; Blue Advantage
- Care Improvement Plus – Not contracted
- Cigna – HMO; PPO
- Cigna Healthspring – Medicare (not contracted directly)
- Cigna Healthspring – StarPlus Medicaid
- Driscoll Children’s HealthPlan – HMO; CHIP; STAR
- First Health/Coventry – PPO; Coventry HMO (note: GEHA uses this network)
- HealthSmart – PPO
- HealthSmart Accel – PPO
- Hidalgo County Indigent – No contract required
- Humana Gold Plus Medicare – Medicare HMO
- Humana PPO Choice Care – PPO; Humana HMO; Medicare PPO
- Molina – Medicaid; Exchange
- PHCS – PPO
- Superior – Medicaid STAR; Foster
- Tricare – All Tricare Program Members
- United HealthCare – HMO; PPO
- Valley Baptist Health Plans – HMO; PPO; Medicare
- WellMed (Specialists Only) – Medicare (HealthSpring)