Check-In Guide For Appointments
Please review the instructions below to learn what you’ll need on the day of your appointment.
New Patient Appointments
Please arrive at least 20 minutes early for your first appointment at a South Texas Health System Clinics location. This will give you enough time to fill out the necessary paperwork, and let your physician quickly review your medical history.
You will also need to bring the following:
- Current insurance card(s). When you arrive, please present your insurance card as you check in. Any copays, deductibles or co-insurance payments are due at this time.
- Valid photo ID. Bring photo identification to your appointments to ensure that you alone receive care under your identity. Photo identification helps us protect you against medical fraud.
- Current medications. Please bring your medications in their proper bottles. This will enable your physician to quickly identify the names and dosages of your prescribed medicines.
- Medical Records. It’s important that we have your past medical records because it will help give your new South Texas Health System Clinics physician a complete history of your medical care. Information about your medical history may be helpful to your physician as he or she recommends treatment. Before your first appointment, download the Medical Records Release form and send it to your previous physician’s office so they can send your records to our office.
All Other Appointments
For all future appointments, please arrive at least 15 minutes early and bring the following:
- Current insurance card(s)
- Valid photo ID
- Any payments you’ll need to make
We will collect any applicable payments when you check in. If you are without insurance coverage, we require full payment. For those with insurance, your plan and coverage dictates any balances due. It is your responsibility to understand your covered benefits prior to making an appointment.