Close-to-Home Support for Behavioral Health
South Texas Health System® Clinics now offers behavioral health services at our Mental Wellbeing Clinic in Edinburg.
At South Texas Health System Clinics Mental Wellbeing, we provide a comprehensive range of mental health services dedicated to nurturing your overall well-being. Our expert team is committed to offering personalized care, tailored to meet your unique needs. Whether you are seeking support for yourself, your child or your family, our clinic is a place where compassionate care and professional expertise converge.
Mental health services we provide
We offer the following services:
- Mental health evaluations – Thorough assessments conducted by our experienced clinicians to better understand your specific needs and develop a personalized treatment plan.
- Individual counseling for adults and children – Confidential one-on-one sessions designed to address your personal challenges and foster a supportive therapeutic relationship.
- Family counseling – Guidance and support for families navigating challenges, enhancing communication and strengthening relationships.
- Couples counseling – Specialized counseling to help couples build healthier relationships, improve communication and navigate life’s challenges together.
- Group therapy for adults – Engage in a supportive community setting where individuals share experiences, learn from each other and grow together.
Mental health conditions we treat
Our experienced team specializes in addressing a variety of mental health conditions, including but not limited to:
Our clinicians work with individuals to explore the root causes, develop coping strategies and create a personalized plan to navigate through depressive episodes.
Bipolar disorder involves extreme mood swings, including manic highs and depressive lows. Our team provides comprehensive care to help individuals manage these mood fluctuations, stabilize their emotions and improve overall quality of life.
Post-traumatic stress disorder
PTSD can develop after exposure to a traumatic event. Our therapists employ evidence-based treatments to help individuals process traumatic experiences, reduce symptoms and regain a sense of control over their lives.
Anxiety disorders involve excessive worry, fear or apprehension. Through individualized counseling, we help individuals understand and manage their anxiety, offering coping mechanisms and behavioral strategies to navigate daily challenges.
Grief and loss
Coping with the loss of a loved one or a significant life change is a unique and challenging process. Our therapists provide a supportive space for individuals to express their grief, navigate the grieving process and find healthy ways to move forward.
Substance use disorder
Involves the problematic use of substances, including alcohol and drugs, leading to significant impairment in daily life. We focus on understanding the underlying causes, developing coping mechanisms and creating a comprehensive treatment plan to foster lasting recovery.
Other mental health conditions
Our experienced team is equipped to address a spectrum of mental health conditions, including but not limited to phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and more. We tailor our approach to each individual’s specific needs.
What to expect
Our approach is focused on helping you gain positive coping skills, identifying unhelpful thought patterns, improving communication, establishing social support networks and increasing your knowledge of mental health conditions.
South Texas Health System Clinics – Mental Wellbeing
4001 S. Sugar Rd., Suite B
Edinburg, TX 78539
In case of a medical emergency or psychiatric crisis, or if you are at risk of harming yourself or others, call 911 immediately or visit the nearest emergency room.
Local Behavioral Health Services
South Texas Health System Behavioral in Edinburg offers programs designed to help treat a wide range of behavioral health conditions and addictive disorders.
- Inpatient services are tailored to children, teens, adults and seniors.
- Intensive outpatient programs can assist with ongoing improvement of health or help an individual through a specific crisis.
Call Us Now 956-388-1300
National Network of Behavioral Health Services
Our Behavioral Health Locations Navigator helps individuals, families and referral sources find service providers across our national network. Search by geographic location, level of care, patient age group, disorder and/or specialty program.